We are looking for an Executive Director (click here)
Interested parties can email their resumes to the address below:
Or by regular mail to:
Kettering Backpack Program
PO Box 86
Dayton Ohio 4540
Dine to Donate at Kettering Skyline Chili - Click here
Empowering Children and Fighting Hunger One Backpack at a Time
- 42 percent of school age children in Kettering qualify for the free/reduced lunch program
- 600 students in Kettering receive nutritional bags of food to sustain them over the weekend when school breakfasts and lunches are not available.
- 16 elementary/middle schools in Kettering are being served.
- Counselors choose the at-risk students who need weekend nutrition.
- The school counselors place bags of food discreetly in the student's backpacks on Fridays.
- Every week we provide the children with individual servings of fruit cups, prepared pudding, vegetables, cereal, applesauce, microwavable ravioli, mac & cheese and 100% fruit juice.
We empower Kettering school-age children to overcome obstacles caused by poverty