Empowering Children and Fighting Hunger One Backpack at a Time
- 42 percent of school age children in Kettering qualify for the free/reduced lunch program
- 600 students in Kettering receive nutritional bags of food to sustain them over the weekend when school breakfasts and lunches are not available.
- 16 elementary/middle schools in Kettering are being served.
- Counselors choose the at-risk students who need weekend nutrition.
- The school counselors place bags of food discreetly in the student's backpacks on Fridays.
- Every week we provide the children with individual servings of fruit cups, prepared pudding, vegetables, cereal, applesauce, microwavable ravioli, mac & cheese and 100% fruit juice.
Support our mission by becoming a volunteer or making a donation.
We empower Kettering school-age children to overcome obstacles caused by poverty
Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to Kettering Backpack Inc.
Bookmark the link http://smile.amazon.com/ch/27-3441874 and use it every time you shop.
We are proud to be the Winner of the 2018 Wright State Nonprofit Leadership Alliance award